75 989 249 663
STAR ALPINE SKI CLUB
2018 BOOKING PROCEDURES AND RULES
1. GUIDING PRINCIPLES
· The Star Alpine Ski Club (SASC) lodge is for the use of SASC Members and their guests.
· No-one is allowed to stay at the lodge without a booking having been made and paid for in advance of arrival at the lodge.
· The aim of the booking rules isto ensure that all Members have good access to the lodge throughout the ski season (through Preferential Booking Nights and subsequent bookings).
· During the Interschool Snowsports Championships (cross country and downhill), members with children participating will be given booking priority.
· Guests are very welcome to stay at the lodge provided they are accompanied by an Adult Member. All bookings for guests must be made by Members only.
· The Rules (as set out in this document) are the rules and they apply so that there is minimum discretion for the Booking Officer and maximum consistency for members.
2. BOOKING PROCEDURES AND KEY DATES
Bookings will only be accepted from members who are fully paid up and have no outstanding money owing or debts to the club for Annual Fees or other amounts.
2a. BOOKING OFFICER CONTACT DETAILS
The Booking Officer for 2018 is Darren Cheney and he can be reached by email email@example.com by telephone on 0412 750 902.
2b. MEMBER ENTITLEMENT ON PREFERENTIAL BOOKING NIGHTS
Each Member (shareholder) has a preferential entitlement to 84 bed nights as follows:
· 8 weekend (Fri - Sat) bed nights plus 20 midweek (Sun - Thurs) bed nights during the first Preferential Booking Night (see section 2c). Please note that this includes bookings for the Victorian Inter-School Snowsports’ Championships – refer to section 2e.
· 8 weekend plus 20 midweek bed nights during the second Preferential Booking Night.
· 8 weekend plus 20 midweek bed nights during the third Preferential Booking Night.
Therefore, as an example, a Member plus partner and two children booking for one weekend and one full mid-week period will use all their preferential entitlement during the first Preferential Booking Night.
On each of the second and third Preferential Booking Nights, the Member may book, for example, another weekend and another mid week period (or other combination).
Following the first three Preferential Booking Nights (see section 2c), any number of bed nights may be booked by a Member for the Member’s eligible family (see Eligibility 3c) from Monday 28thMay 2018 (see section 2d).
Note 1: If a Member's family (Member, partner and children aged under 18) is greater than four, then the entitlement for each Preferential Booking Night is increased to permit the family to ski together.
Note 2: Accompanied guests (see 2g) may be booked during these three Preferential Booking Nights, but only within the Member’s preferential entitlement.
2c. PREFERENTIAL BOOKING NIGHTS –
The preferred method of placing booking requests on the Preferential Booking Nights is by completion of the attached ‘Accommodation Request Form’ sent by email to the Booking Officer between 7:30pm and 8:30pm on each Preferential Booking Night (see below). Where a Member’s preference cannot be accommodated, the Booking Officer will contact the member as soon as possible to discuss alternatives. Telephone contact details must be provided to assist the Booking Officer to clarify details with Members as needed.
Please note that booking emails received prior to the designated time of 7:30 pm will notbe accepted.
For those Members unable to access the internet, booking requests can be made via phone between 7:30pm and 8:30pm on the Preferential Booking Nights.
The Booking Officer will subsequently send an email, or call those without access to the internet, to confirm bookings and outline details including room allocation and payment amounts deducted from the Member’s accommodation pre-payment or, where this has been exhausted, the amounts due by credit card. It is expected that bookings will be confirmed and room allocations advised within 72 hours of the booking request being made.
Booking requests will be accepted for one Member’s entitlement only per email/telephone call. .
One night only bookings for Friday night only are not allowed. One night bookings for Saturday night only may be booked, if still available, after 5pm on the day before (i.e. Friday). This will allow usage of the lodge on the Saturday night if bookings for the weekend have not been made. Such a booking may be made by contacting the Booking Officer.
For the avoidance of doubt, any booking must be made and paid for in advance and prior to arriving at the Lodge. Any breach of this provision will be considered by the Committee, and may result in suspension of a member’s rights to use the lodge.
Preferential Booking Nights for the 2018 season are as follows:
· Preferential Booking Night 1- Wednesday 9thMayfor Members' first preferential entitlement of 28 bed nights – see section 2b (this entitlement includes bookings for the Victorian Interschool Snowsports’ Championships which will be coordinated before the first Preferential Booking Night see section 2e).
· Preferential Booking Night 2- Wednesday 16thMay - for Members' second preferential entitlement.
· Preferential Booking Night 3- Wednesday 23rdMay- for Members' third preferential entitlement.
2d. ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM from Monday 28thMay onwards
All bookings are to be made via the on line booking system from Monday 28thMay 2018onwards at: http://staralpine.com.au
Bookings will be reviewed by the Booking Officer to confirm that they comply with the booking rules. Bookings that do not comply will be cancelled and the member subsequently advised by email.
For all questions or concerns regarding the online system please contact Darren Cheney
2e. VICTORIAN INTERSCHOOL SNOWSPORT CHAMPIONSHIPS – LODGE BOOKINGS
Members with children participating in the Victorian Interschool Snowsport Championships at Mt Buller will be given preference for the relevant mid-week and weekends, but within their Member entitlement for the first and second Preferential Booking Nights.
Please contact Darren by email on Monday 23rdAprilif you have children participating in the Championships and have a booking request for this period. Darren will then allocate beds after consultation with all interested parties and make these bookings on your behalf.
The aim of lodge bookings during this period is to allow as many children of Members as possible, who are actually competing in the Interschools, to use the lodge. To achieve this, the Booking Officer:
· will not book guests during the first Preferential Booking Night for Interschools;
· will manage the booking applications to maximise the number of competing children and give them preference over those who are not competing;
· will request that only one parent attend if it means that additional competing Members’ children can attend;
· once the applications are complete and where there is availability, will make beds available to Members not competing and then to guests.
2f. JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAY BOOKINGS
The July school holiday period is designated MEMBERS ONLY for all bookings made during the three Preferential Booking Nights.
2g. GUEST BOOKINGS
Use of the lodge by guests is encouraged under certain conditions - as set out below.
Guests must be accompanied by a sponsoring adult Member (aged r 18 years old and above).
Unaccompanied guests are not allowed to use the lodge.
Members may book accompanied guests under their preferential entitlement (except in respect of the July school holidays) and at any time on or after Monday 28th May 2018 (but no more than six per night on weekends and no more than ten per night during midweek).
Guests may notbook directly.
The sponsoring adult Member is responsible for:
· making and confirming all guest bookings,
· providing the surname of the guests at the time of booking
· providing payment to the Booking Officer,
· explaining the Lodge Guideline to guests (see below),
· ensuring compliance with the Lodge Guidelines and general appropriate behaviour by the guest while staying at the lodge.
Sponsoring members will be held responsible for their guest’s understanding and observance of the Lodge Guidelines. To assist, sponsoring members are to provide guests with a copy of the ‘Guidelines for Staying at Star Alpine’.
Unaccompanied group bookings are not allowed. They may be considered by the Committee but will be charged at full commercial rates and include a cleaning fee.
Bookings can only be made for unaccompanied minors (under 18 years old), when either an adult Member has agreed to sponsor and take full responsibility for the minor. The adult sponsor must be staying in the lodge for the full duration of the minor’s stay
2i. EXTRA BEDS - MATTRESSES (WEEKEND ONLY)
The club has provided 4 mattresses to allow for the lodge to accommodate 28 persons over the weekend. The rules for booking these extra beds are:
1. The beds will be only available for weekend use, that is, Friday and Saturday nights.
2. As these are considered to be extra bed spaces, normal bed fees will apply.
3. The mattresses will be stored in the rumpus room under the table tennis table.
4. The mattresses can be moved to a bedroom, provided that all the room’s occupantsare in favour, but they must be returned to the rumpus room on Sunday.
5. The rumpus room will remain a community area with full access at anytime during the day, and at night up to a reasonable hour.
6. As the rumpus room will still be available to other members/guests, mattresses, bedding and personal belongings are to be stored during the day in a tidy way in the cupboards provided.
7. Specific space in the refrigerator will not be allocated, but it is available for the use of the “mattress members”.
8. A food cupboard will be made available to the “mattress members”.
Should there be any problems with this arrangement, or any other problems occurring during a stay at the lode please discuss and cooperate with other Members present at the time, and, as necessary, contact one of the following Committee Members:
Paul Jenkins 0410 479 034
Darren Cheney 0412 750 902
Mark Lambert 0417 038 138
Andrew Dunlop 0400 553 584
Gennaro Fittapaldi 0438 112 066
Philip Gagliano 0418 788 546
3. BED FEES, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
3a. WINTER BED FEES
Bed fees for the 2018 winter season are as follows:
Mid week - Sunday night through to Thursday night
Members: Adult $30 / Child $15 (under 18 years)
Guests: Adult $80 / Child $45 (under 18 years)
Winter season rates are applicable between the official opening and closing dates of the season, regardless of snow conditions.
Weekend – Friday and Saturday nights
Members: Adult $30 / Child $15 (under 18 years)
Guests: Adult $80 / Child $45 (under 18 years)
3b. SUMMER BED FEES
Summer rates apply outside the defined winter season, that is, after the close of the ski season in 2017, and before opening in June 2018.
Members: Adult $20/ Child $ 10.00 (under 18 years)
Guests: Adult $40/ Child $20 (under 18 years)
Those eligible for Member fee rates are financial Members, their partners, sons and daughters (but not grandchildren).
All other persons are classified as guests for the purpose of determining bed fees.
Children: “Children” must be under 18 on 1 June 2018
Once a Member’s $450 worth of prepaid accommodation (within the Annual Membership Fee) has been used then payments for further bookings must be made within the earlier of 7 days or the day before the date of arrival by credit card or direct transfer:
Bookings are non-transferable to another Member unless advised in advance to the Booking Officer.
3e. CANCELLATION / CHANGES
· Cancellations prior to one week of the booked date will incur a BEDCREDIT (not refund)to be used before the commencement of the 2019 ski season.
· Bookings cancelled within one week of the booked date will neither be refunded nor provided with a Credit. All cancellations must be in writing to the booking officer to be eligible for any Credit.
· Any serious medical issue that causes a member to cancel a booking and request a refund - will be considered by the Committee, with refunds only provided in exceptional circumstances.
· Bookings made on the Preferential Booking Nights may not be switched from a Member to a guest without first being cancelled and then rebooked on the following Preferential Booking Night.
Please be considerate of your fellow Members:
If a member has a booking and is unable to actually use it at the last minute, please contact the Booking Officer ASAP - who will then cancel the booking in the online system. If possible, the Booking Officer will seek to email all members to alert them to the availability of accommodation – particularly where the cancellation is at short notice (this gives other members the opportunity to make a last minute booking that they may not have known was available).
No waiting list is kept by the Booking Officer. Vacancies and bookings are available to view on our web site at http://staralpine.com.au. The Booking Officer will endeavour to advise all members on any vacancies that arise due to last minute cancellations.
4. LODGE ACCESS/SECURITY
The front door combination will change each season. The combination will be advised to all Members at the time of a Booking Confirmation.
The combination may be changed for security reasons at any time during the season and, should this occur, Members will be immediately advised.